Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
Last Saturday was the day that my town does their yard sales. I usually don’t get up and go, but this year my dad wanted to go around and see if he could find anything interesting. He unfortunately didn’t find anything that he wanted, but I did and he was awesome enough to buy them for me. Which is crazy. My dad usually gets a bit annoyed whenever I bring home books. He is always saying I have too many. So the fact that he was not only willing to buy me books, but he bought me 15 of them, is just amazing! Only 14 of them really matter because I actually already own the one book, but I had to get it to get a deal. It was weird. They would only give us the deal if we bought 6 books, but everything was either the 20th+ book in a series or was a book I already owned. So we ended up just grabbing one I already have and I will probably give it to my mom. Anyways, here are the 14 books I got.
So after I finished this post, my mom told me she had a surprise for me. It’s at the bottom after all the yard sale books. I love it.
Yard Sale Haul:
- The Tudor Throne by Brandy Purdy
- The Memoirs of Mary Queen of Scots by Carolly Erickson
- The Unfaithful Queen: A Novel of Henry VIII’s Fifth Wife by Carolly Erickson
- The Spanish Queen: A Novel of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon by Carolly Erickson
- Rival to the Queen by Carolly Erickson
- The Favored Queen: A Novel of Henry VIII’s Third Wife by Carolly Erickson
- White Oleander by Janet Fitch
- The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules (Pensionärsligan #1) by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg, Rod Bradbury (Translator)
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Orenda by Joseph Boyden
- Women in Love (Brangwen Family #2) by D.H. Lawrence
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- From Ink Lake: Canadian Stories Selected by Michael Ondaatje
Surprise From My Mom:
To celebrate the arrival of Peter Capaldi on to our screens as the newly regenerated Doctor, this collection of Doctor Who short stories, each written by a different author, now includes an extra, brand-new twelfth adventure as part of the 12 Doctors, 12 Stories paperback anthology. Offering the perfect addition to the top-selling series, the twelfth story, “Lights Out,” has been penned by self-professed Doctor Who fan and best-selling female sci-fi writer Holly Black.
A Big Hand For The Doctor by Eoin Colfer, starring One (William Hartnell).
The Nameless City by Michael Scott, starring Two (Patrick Troughton).
The Spear of Destiny by Marcus Sedgwick, starring Three (Jon Pertwee).
The Roots of Evil by Philip Reeve, starring Four (Tom Baker).
Tip of the Tongue by Patrick Ness, starring Five (Peter Davidson).
Something Borrowed by Richelle Mead, starring Six (Colin Baker).
Spore by Alex Scarrow, starring Eight (Paul McCann).
The Beast of Babylon by Charlie Higson, starring Nine (Christopher Eccleston).
The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage by Derek Landy, starring Ten (David Tennant).
Nothing O’Clock by Neil Gaiman, starring Eleven (Matt Smith).
Lights Out by Holly Black, starring Twelve (Peter Capaldi).